Living a healthy and fit life requires that we supply our bodies with a plethora of micronutrients which happen to come from various fruits and vegetables.
But, whether it’s laziness, too busy with work, or a general dislike for the taste of vegetables and fruits—many of us aren’t getting enough vegetables and fruits during our day-to-day lives.
Instead of forcing yourself to eat vegetables and fruits, a better alternative is to get creative and find ways to make them delicious while still being good for your body.
Here are 7 awesome smoothie recipes that not only taste good but are also good for you living a healthy and vibrant life.
1. Grapefruit green smoothie
This smoothie contains grapefruit, which is loaded with Vitamin C to help support your immune system while the rest of the ingredients balanced the smoothie out by having plenty of potassium and fiber.
• 1 grapefruit, peeled, seeds removed
• 1 large sweet apple with the skin removed
• 2 cups of spinach
• 1 large ripe banana
• 2-3 ice cubes
• 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk, water, or orange juice
• (Optional): 1/2 tsp of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth. If too thick, add more liquid.
2. Coconut Clementine green smoothie
Not only will this smoothie provide the sweet tasting power of the clementine, but it’s also loaded with a plethora of vitamins and nutrients to support your immune system. For more information on this smoothie, go here.
• 4-5 clementines
• 1 ripe banana
• 1/2 cup of light coconut milk
• 1 handful of greens (spinach preferably)
• 3-4 ice cubes
• (Optional): A few fresh mint or cilantro leaves
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until they’re creamy and smooth.